A couple of weeks ago I posted about my Foundation Top Tips so continuing with the Makeup Top Tips, today's post is going to be all about lips.
My tips for lips (love a good rhyme!) cover liner, gloss and lipstick. As I mentioned before I am no expert, these are just my tried and tested tips.
1. Always apply lipliner from the centre of the lips outwards and then from the corners in. This will give you the best stable line.
2. Instead of testing lipstick on the back of your hand, test it on your fingertip as this is a closer colour and texture to your lips.
3. If you want longer lasting wear or a bolder colour with lipstick or gloss then apply a lipliner all over the lips rather than just outlining them.
4. In order to make your lipstick last longer, apply then blot and set with powder before applying another coat of lipstick.
5. Coordinate your lip colour to the rest of your makeup and then your outfit.
6. Short of space for packing? Or run out of blusher? Double up your lipstick as a cream blush by applying a small amount and patting it in.
7. If you're having trouble finding the right colour lipliner then used a nude lip pencil. These are a white colour which come out clear and can be used with any shade of lipstick or gloss.
8. To keep your lipstick off your teeth apply lipstick and then put a finger in your mouth, close your lips and pull your finger out. Any excess lipstick that would have rubbed off onto your teeth will be on your finger.
So there you have some of my top tips for lips. I hope some of these have been useful and you've learnt some new tips from reading this. Give them a go and let me know how you get on.
What are your top tips for lips? Are any of them the same as mine?